PRINCE MICHAEL was born on July 4th, 1942 at the family home in Iver, Buckinghamshire.
He was christened Michael George Charles Franklin, with President Franklin D. Roosevelt as one of his godfathers. His father, Prince George, Duke of Kent, was the fourth son of King George V and his mother, Princess Marina, was the daughter of Prince Nicholas of Greece and of Grand Duchess Helen Vladimirovna of Russia.
Prince Michael was educated at Sunningdale School and then at Eton College.
Click here to see The Windsor family tree
Prince Michael is a cousin to both the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh and was a page at their wedding.
Prince Michael has represented The Queen on several occasions:
- The state funeral of the President of India in 1977
- The state funeral of the President of Cyprus in 1977
- The signature of the Treaty of Friendship with Brunei in January 1979
- The independence celebrations in Belize in September 1981
- The state funeral of King Sobhuza II of Swaziland in 1982 and the Coronation of King Mswati II of Swaziland in 1986.
- The 150th Anniversary of the Crimean War in the Ukraine, September 2004.